With new stage 3 and stage 4 restrictions in place as of August across Victoria, the Business Support Fund grants have been extended to accommodate further impacts to businesses as a result.
Businesses who employ staff in Victoria who are impacted by stay-at-home restrictions and operating at a limited capacity, or no longer operating, may be eligible to receive one-off grant payments under this Expansion program.
To support businesses that have encountered hardship due to current restrictions, one-off grants will be made available to eligible businesses under the Business Support Fund – Expansion program:
- $10,000 for employing businesses in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire in recognition of spending longer under restrictions (if your business has already applied for the initial $5,000 grant under Stage 3 restrictions you will automatically receive the additional $5,000 and do not need to re-apply)
- $5,000 for employing businesses in regional local government areas (except Mitchell Shire)
In order to apply for the Expansion package, all businesses in both Metro Melbourne and Regional Victoria must meet all of the following criteria:
- operate a business located within Victoria;
- be a participant in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper Payment scheme;
- employ people;
- be registered with WorkSafe on 30 June 2020;
- have an annual payroll of less than $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis;
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) as of 30 June 2020;
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 30 June 2020; and
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
** Please note applications close on 14th September 2020.
Visit the Business Victoria website for more information here. View the Expansion program Fact Sheet here.
If you need assistance assessing your eligibility or preparing your application, we are here to help. Contact us on 03 5224 2366 to get started today.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.